Each year we have a summer show, usually 2nd sunday in August
Allotment Show Flower, Fruit & Vegetable Entries
All fruit, veg & flower entries have to have been grown at the Beighton Allotment Site
- Entries in by 1.30pm
- Enter the correct number of items in each class
- Aim for even sized and symmetrical entries
- Clean your entries carefully, no cosmetic treatment!!
- Try to enter items without blemishes or signs of disease
What judges look for in each class:‐
- 4 x BEETROOT ‐ Trim the tops to 8cm/ 3”. Leave tap root intact
- 1 x CABBAGE ‐ Trim the stalk to 8cm/3”. Firm with good colour
- 3 x CARROTS ‐ Trim the tops to 8cm/3”. Leave stump/root intact
- 1 x CAULIFLOWER ‐ Heads should be 10‐15cm/4‐6” diameter. Trim leaves level with top of head.
- 3 x COURGETTES ‐ About 15cm/6” long, with flower (attached or alongside)
- 1 x MARROW ‐ Weight is the only feature!
- 3 x ONIONS
- 6 x SHALLOTS ‐ Trim roots but not too close. Thin neck without ribbing. Turn down neck and tie with raffia or string.
- 4 x POTATOES ‐ Ideal weight 170gms/6oz with shallow eyes.
- 6 x RUNNER BEANS ‐ As straight as possible. No outward signs of seed. Should snap cleanly.
- 4 x TOMATOES ‐ Individual firm fruit with stalk attached.
- 5 A DAY FRUIT & VEG ‐ Any 5 varieties ‐ collect a blue box by 12 Noon on 11th August from allotment office. Fill the box. Entries in by 1:30!
- VASE OF CUT FLOWERS ‐ 3 stems, mixed or same variety.
The following classes are open to allotment holders AND members of the public:‐
1 x SCARECROW COMPETITION ‐ (Children only) Use your imagination
6 x CUP‐CAKES to be judged on decoration